[Mailman-Users] ValueError: unsupported format character [HebrewOptions Page]

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 29 16:32:13 CET 2009

Ephraim Silverberg wrote:

>Looking in the logs I found that the ``bottom line'' was the error:
>
>     ValueError: unsupported format character '\xd7' (0xffffffd7) at index 139
>
>Full log attached.

There is an error in the Hebrew message catalog. The attached patch
will at least fix the error.

To apply the patch in an installed Mailman, you can apply it to the
installed messages/he/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po file. Then you must
rebuild the binary messages/he/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.mo file which you
can do with either Mailman's bin/msgfmt.py or the OS msgfmt command if
you have it.