[Mailman-Users] config.pck get changed back from correct values...

john espiro john_espiro at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 11:46:17 CET 2009

Hi Mark -

My apologies for the direct reply.  I didn't see that Yahoo stripped out the correct reply to address.

Thanks for this:

There is something wrong in your installation. Either the CGI wrappers
(the files in Mailman's cgi-bin directory) are not group mailman and
SETGID, or your web server/OS is not honoring the SETGID bit and
setting the effective group of the CGI process to mailman.

so...
1.) How do I tell if the CGI wrappers are SETID?  To get everything to work properly, the files need to be set as webadmin:mailman.
or, how do I tell #2 (webserver/OS not honoring SETGID)?

I am running APache, if that helps.

Thanks...