[Mailman-Users] Mailman url points to localhost after ProxyPass

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Sat Jan 31 23:59:27 CET 2009

To help Mailman work within the default OpenBSD httpd chroot, I have
requests for /mailman/ doing a ProxyPass to apache2 running on
localhost.  This works great for everything except url's like /admin/
and /listinfo/.  Everything below this works fine (e.g. /admin/foo).

So if I load http://www.dixongroup.net/mailman/admin/, it gives me
results for lists on 127.0.0.1 instead of the hostname.  But all of the
lists themselves work fine.  And list_lists reports everything correctly
as you'd expect.

Has anyone overcome this?  Obviously, the desired effect would be that
Mailman uses HTTP_HOST.  I've messed around with UseCanonicalName on
both Apache instances but could not get the desired effect.  Any
suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon