[Mailman-Users] Spam filters and non-member posts

Daniel D Jones ddjones at riddlemaster.org
Sun Jul 12 00:52:50 CEST 2009

I've been running a private list for several years with Mailman configured to
reject posts from non-members without any issues.  Recently, however, I've
been getting spam with forged headers which purports to be from me.  Since I'm
a member of the list, they're allowed through.  To deal with this, I added
some regex's to look for the SpamAssassin spam headers and to hold any message
that appears to be spam.  This is working except that I'm now getting a ton of
holds because Mailman appears to be checking the spam rules before it checks
the sender rule.

I'd like all posts from non-members discarded and posts from members to be
spam checked and held if they appear to be spam.  Is this possible without
hacking the source code?