[Mailman-Users] Reply to

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Fri Jul 24 20:27:36 CEST 2009

On 07/23/09 11:10, Wayne wrote:
> I don't understand the whole reply to stuff. I don't want to allow
> users to hit reply and it to reply to the group. I have it set to
> strip the header and the reply to is set to poster.

I consider there to be two main types of mailing lists, one of which has
a couple sub-types.

   1)  Discussion mailing lists where replies are directed back to the
list its self so that all subscribers are kept in the loop.

   2)  Announcement mailing lists where replies are either directed back to:
         A)  Back to the poster, possibly to privately answer a question.

         B)  Back to a designated contact address, possibly to a company
contact point.

Grant. . . .