[Mailman-Users] held messages problem

Gregory Skelton gskelton at gravity.phys.uwm.edu
Fri Jul 31 23:42:52 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I'm kinda new to the administrating MailMan lists, and I've recently run into a
problem with our current setup. We have multiple list, all the data is mounted
over nfs, and we're seeing missing emails. We're seeing "held" messages
in a qeue, but when its authorized, it doesn't get sent to the rest
of the list and looks as if it disappears.

We're running mailman 2.1.9, and sendmail sendmail-8.13.8-2 on a Centos 5.2

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance,

I've ran check_perms script, and it gave me this output:

Warning: Private archive directory is other-executable (o+x).
 	            This could allow other users on your system to read private
             If you're on a shared multiuser system, you should consult the
             installation manual on how to fix this.
No problems found

And running check_db -a -v

I noticed most of mailing list are ok, but found a few list that have this

List: lalsuite-commits
       /var/mailman/lists/lalsuite-commits/config.pck: okay
       /var/mailman/lists/lalsuite-commits/config.pck.last: okay
       [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
     [Errno 2] No such file or directory: