[Mailman-Users] list member address parsing question

admin2 admin2 at enabled.com
Mon Jun 1 17:36:54 CEST 2009

Hi list,

Somebody suggested me ask the mailman folks this question.

My google official account username is <blah at domain.com> but I have
verified and activated another email address "sample at domain2.com" .  I
am able to originate email with "sample at domain2.com" in the "from" email
but mailman still rejects the message claiming "Sorry, only subscribers
may post."  Mailman thinks I am not a member of the list and is
considering me "blah at domain.com" even though I can see in the bounce
that "sample at domain2.com" is in the From portion of the header.  The
SMTP header of the bounce claims "Received-SPF: pass", "Return-Path:
<blah at domain.com>", and "Sender: <blah at domain.com>"

When I send the same mail through a domain I administer the email
"sample at domain2.com" is properly identified.

Is there anything more I can configure to appease mailman's legitimacy
checking?

Cheers,

noah