[Mailman-Users] migrating hundreds of lists to another host

Zhengquan Zhang zhang.zhengquan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 19:50:01 CEST 2009

Hi mailman list,

Since our list server is getting old and dying, I plan to migrate list
service to another host.

mailman is working with a postfix setup. the migration will be temporary
and once I setup a new server for the list I will move the lists back.

My question is, how Can I minimize list downtime and allow for users to
use the lists without any feeling the service has been moved to another
host? for example, the hostname is different for the temporary host and
others? I am clueless asto how to do this.

Thanks for any pointers and enlightenments,

--
Zhengquan