[Mailman-Users] Mailman data access

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Thu Jun 4 14:17:49 CEST 2009

On Jun 2, 2009, at 12:54 PM, Detlef Brendle wrote:

> I was searching and searching with google for a possibility to
> access the mailman data with a programatic interface.
>
> This would allow me to write a client in Java and access my mailman
> managed mails and present them in a neat User interface.

You'll really want to start looking at Mailman 3.  Two things will
help you.  First, all the data is kept (by default) in a SQLite
database.  Other RDBMs will be easily possible and it's conceivable
that other backends could be written as well.

Second, you will have complete administrative access to the running
Mailman engine through a RESTful interface.  This work is only now
being fleshed out.  There's minimal code in the tree for that now and
it's the major focus of the work I'm doing now.

-Barry