[Mailman-Users] Questions about Mailman

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Thu Jun 4 15:04:51 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 11:27:37AM -0400, Julie Gray wrote:
> Is there a way to link Mailman to a blog to send automatic updates?
> Or is this a service that is not offered?

Not, afaik, out of the box, however, it shouldn't be too difficult to
whip up a curl/diff/plain-textize -> mail script, where the action of
the script is to mail the list.

(or be lazy, and use feedburner, and an account that has posting
rights to the list).

Your blog platform may support a "notify" gizmo, in which case you
*could* use the list address as that to recieve those notifications.

> Is there an option to include a sign-up box on our website? Or must
> users go to the mailman homepage to subscribe to one of our lists?

Yes. There's <http://wiki.list.org/x/hIA9> providing an example of how
to so do that.

--
Yorkshire Water has been deluged by a flood of complaints
following its poor handling of the drought (BBC news)