[Mailman-Users] openID enabled mailman

Malveeka Tewari malveeka at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 19:14:20 CEST 2009

Hi

I am working on implementing openID server for the mailman setup I am
running.
I have started using mailman only recently and need help/feedback on my
approach.

We want to provide the list users an option whether or not to have enable
openID.
 On the "" page, the users will see an option for

1. Enable/Disable openID login for your subscription
2. Sign in with existing openID login for your subscription

*1. Enable/Disable openID login for your subscription* *account*
For enabling and diabling the openID feature, the users login their
subscribed accounts as they do now for changing any of the subcription
options.
On this page if they enable the openID feature, they recieve an automated
reply with their openID identifier.

The password for the openID identifier is the same as that for the
subscription accounts. If they change their subscription passwords, their
openID password gets changed too.

*2. Sign in with existing openID login*
The user gets redirected to a page where it enters it's openID identifer and
the password and can now manage its account settings with the openID
identifier. This authentication and further logging, modification of
subscription configurations will be handled by the openID server.

As I understand, the *changes that need to be made to the existing mailman
code* include the following:

Changing the MemberAdaptor.py and UserDesc.py for including information
whether or not openID identifier is enabled for a paricular user.
Propogating changes made to openID-identified-accounts to the subscription
configurations.
Changing the webpage interfaces for provinding and allowing users to access
these options

I want to know if there's already an openID enabled version of mailman
available
And what files would I need to make changes to include openID support in
mailman

Thanks
Malveeka