[Mailman-Users] Disabling quoting of original messages sent to"request"

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 12 00:56:24 CEST 2009

Steven Bonisteel wrote:

>Spammer sends message to a Mailman list's 'request' address using his real target's e-mail address in 'From:'
>
>Mailman  responds with:
>
>"The results of your email command are provided below. Attached is your original message ... "
>
>... and then faithfully reproduces the spammer's original payload and sends to the target.

We are painfully aware of Mailman's backscatter issues (the above is
only one), and there will be changes to address this in Mailman 2.2.

>How can I disable the quoting of the original messages in responses from the 'request' address?

In Mailman 2.1.x, only by modifying the the Results.send_response()
method in Mailman/Queue/CommandRunner.py. If you want to do this, post
that fact, and I can suggest a patch.