[Mailman-Users] problems with mail robot -request

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 12 19:41:26 CEST 2009

Joe wrote:

>  A while ago we migrated the server and the lists. It comes that i
>recognized a problem. A mail to the mail robot
>mylist-request at mylist.domain goes straight to the moderation-queue and
>the user got a bounce that the mail is held for approval. Even when the
>moderator approves the mail - it is published to the list and not to the
>mail-robot.

Mail to the LIST-request address should never be hels for approval
unless it it also sent to the LIST posting address.

>My first idea was that the migrated lists are buggy - but the same
>behaviour occurs after creating a new list.
>
>We are using virtualhosts and postfix as a mta.

I seems that possibly you have

recipient_delimiter = -

in Postfix's main.cf, but that alonoe should not cause this as the
alias for LIST-request should override the '-' recipient delimiter in
this case, so you apparently have a problem with your Mailman aliases
and/or virtual maps too.