[Mailman-Users] gmail marks mailman confirmation mail as spam...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 12 21:45:25 CEST 2009

Kālis Repsons wrote:
> Hi,
> maybe you have some recipe for making gmail treat confirmation mails as
> non-spam? It just throws mail "confirm e8492f19d7c336341050..".

Confirmations are sent with

which may be part of the problem, but I just tested a confirmation to a
gmail.com address and it went to the inbox. As far as I know, I have no
special spam whitelisting in effect on this gmail account.

The one thing that might be different is the server I sent this from has

VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes

in mm_cfg.py which changes the subject from

  confirm 6e4cfe0ab337729574b1a643a231569ef0ef59ab

  Your confirmation is required to join the LISTNAME mailing list

and the From: from

  LISTNAME-request at example.com

  LISTNAME-confirm+6e4cfe0ab337729574b1a643a231569ef0ef59ab at example.com

So you might try setting VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes if your MTA can
properly deliver to an address such as above. That may help.