[Mailman-Users] Administrivia

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Fri Jun 12 22:32:51 CEST 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:12:17 -0600
LuKreme <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:

Hello LuKreme,

> The help says" Administrivia tests will check postings to see whether
> it's really meant as an administrative request (like subscribe,
> unsubscribe, etc), and will add it to the the administrative requests
> queue, notifying the administrator of the new request, in the process.
> but at least on my system, this doesn't seem to happen.

I asked a very similar question a few months back, and got a very
comprehensive answer from Mark Sapiro.

In my case, it was that the people attempting to (un)subscribe were
sending their requests with a plain text *and* an HTML part.  The
combination of the two parts added up to far more than the allowed
number of lines for a message to be treated as administrivia, s was
passed on to the list processing software, which promptly strips the
HTML part, leaving just the one word message that arrived at the list.

Is it possible that the same thing is happening on your list?

--
 Regards  _

This is the fifty first state of the USA
Heartland - The The