[Mailman-Users] openID enabled mailman

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Jun 13 19:25:08 CEST 2009

on 6/13/09 9:16 AM, Malveeka Tewari said:

> Can I also take a look at the code that the OpenID folks sent you?
> It'll be great if you can send me any pointers to that code.
> I asked on their mailing lists too but haven't received any promising
> response.

They never made any attempt to build an OpenID provider in Mailman.  All
they did was hack in some OpenID Relyer code, and in the process they
broke any other kind of authentication.

Mailman is the wrong place to put an OpenID provider.  That needs to go
somewhere else, and then you can put in code that allows Mailman to be
an OpenID Relyer.

> Looking at the code might give me an idea about how to start implementing
> openID support fr the mailman setup I am running,

I really don't think so.  They and you seem to have very different ideas
as to where the OpenID provider code should go.