[Mailman-Users] Internal 500 Error (Ubuntu jaunty / Mailman 2.1.12 / Python 2.6.2)

Dev Guy devguy78 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 09:45:40 CEST 2009

Hi,
I've tried to look this up on the lists, forums, etc. but have failed to
find anything that resolves this issue, so forgive me if I have missed a
solution mentioned elsewhere.

I have recently upgraded my Ubuntu distribution to Jaunty. This upgrade
included an upgrade on Mailman, Python and Apache2.

I'm currently running the following versions:

ii  apache2                                   2.2.11-2ubuntu2.1
    Apache HTTP Server metapackage
ii  apache2-mpm-prefork                       2.2.11-2ubuntu2.1
    Apache HTTP Server - traditional non-threade
ii  python2.6                                 2.6.2-0ubuntu1
   An interactive high-level object-oriented la
ii  listadmin                                 2.40-2.2
   command line mailman moderator queue manipul
ii  mailman                                   1:2.1.12-1
   Powerful, web-based mailing list manager

I have looked through the logs, but nothing seems to indicate anything
special, aside from the expressive line:

----
Premature end of script headers: admin
----

In my Apache2 error log file (turned logging to 'debug' level).

Running the 'admin' or 'listinfo' scripts from the shell gives me this:

----
# ./listinfo

problem.  Printing of traceback and other system information has been
explicitly inhibited, but the webmaster can find this information in the
Mailman error logs.
-----

I ran 'check_perms' and while there were errors it found, they were all
fixed. This had no effect on the problem. Mailman appears to be operational
otherwise. Emails are sent and received without issues. I can admin the site
using the 'listadmin' tools. However, the web interface is completely
broken.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Derek Morrison