[Mailman-Users] Outlook Indenting messages

Gerrat Rickert grickert at coldstorage.com
Thu Jun 25 21:17:20 CEST 2009

<snip>

>You can see in the twistedmatrix.com index two cases where the second
>post in a thread is indented to level 3 instead of level 1 which is
>clearly wrong. You can also see that in the archive I built, your
>thread starts at level 0 as it should.
>
>Also note that this apparently has nothing to do with Outlook.. There
>is a similarly indented post in early June -
>
>[Twisted-Python] Application Design help - Concurrent but not Protocols
>based.   Senthil Kumaran
>
>and the posting MUA in that case was Mutt.
>
>Also see
><http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/glyph-discuss/2009-May/thread.html>
>where the only two posts (spam) are both indented to level 1.
>
>Does this occur only on twistedmatrix.com lists? There is clearly
>something wrong with the archiving process on that site, but I can't
>duplicate it in a stock 2.1.9 environment.

Thanks for your detailed investigation, Mark.
I may have misremembered how a previous posting of mine was mis-indented
(...postings were from a few years back, and it may have just been that
my replies were shown at the top level instead of indented - I believe
this may have been an old bug with Outlook specifically).

I don't have any other examples from other mailing lists, so let's
assume it's just the twistedmatrix.com list for now.
I'll forward this thread to their mailing list administrator to
investigate.

Thanks again for your help.
Regards,
	Gerrat