[Mailman-Users] New User - Cant send to new list

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:02:26 CET 2009

> Your aliases are wrong. You have
>
> test: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman  test mailman"
>
> That should be
>
> test: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test"
>
> You can avoid dealing with manual aliases all together by following
> <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node13.html>.
>
> --
> Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>        The highway is for gamblers,
> San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

Thanks, Mark!

That was spot on.  I have found that article but last night was
getting frustrated cause I couldnt follow them (aliases and aliases.db
were actually in /etc/mailman)

This morning i got up fresh and walked right through them.

So now that the list is working I need to configure it for my needs.
I have added members and that is working.

Basically I am creating a list with 30,000 or so members to my prof
organization.  I want the list owner to be able to send email to the
list but not other members.  If a member reply i want it to goto a
separate info at domain.com mailbox.  I cant seem to find these settings.

Thanks,
--
Mitchell