[Mailman-Users] Googlegroups vs mailman

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Fri Mar 6 03:59:00 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 09:09:52AM -0600, Kim Mosley wrote:
> I'd like to hear some opinions of using mailman vs. using GoogleGroups for a
> list of 500 people.

With Mailman, all one needs is an email address that works: no need to
create a google-account or whatever they're called this week.

If in the UK/EU (and your machines in in the UK/EU) one doesn't have to
worry oneself with data-transfers out of the UK/EU, too.

In trouble-shooting, in theory, one has access to Mailman & MTA logs.

(and, my own experience, config'ing a Mailman list is *so* much easier
(and obvious). Particulary when trying to get a code-repo commit
messages...)

--
``To do each day two things one dislikes is a precept I have followed
  scrupulously: every day I have got up and I have gone to bed.''