[Mailman-Users] Shunt Queue and Mailman logging

Jeff Bernier jbernier at risd.edu
Tue Mar 10 17:57:36 CET 2009

Hello,

I have a couple of newbie questions...

I 've noticed several files in my shunt folder. when I run show_qfiles, I see that they are messages to one of my lists. I have contacted the list owner/moderator, and this person tells me messages to the list are going out just fine... although I do not see any recent messages in the list archive.

A quick search tells me to look at my Mailman log to see why these messages were put in the Shunt Queue. I cannot find my Mailman log. There does not appear to be any such file.

My questions are:

How can I get at my log file, or setup logging for Mailman?
Are these messages being put into shunt possibly because of a file permissions problem?
What should I do with the files in shunt?

Running Mailman 2.1.9 on OSX 10.5.4

Any and all help is appreciated.
-Jeff

"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph, Great Nez Perce Indian Chief