[Mailman-Users] Removing forwarder and restarting list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Mar 15 16:08:57 CET 2009

Jules Siegel wrote:

>Borneo-l at ikanlundu.com, a mailman list, quit sending out or archiving
>messages. The hosting service sysop reinstalled it and got this message:
>> Creating an email list creates multiple email forwarders and one is
>> being used already.
>>
>> A forwarder already exists for borneo-l-admin at ikanlundu.com.
>>
>> You must delete this forwarder before creating the list
>As far as I know, there are no forwarders, but maybe I am not looking in
>the right places. Despite this, the list began working again. It has
>since stopped and been restarted a couple of times. It's now down again.

I think the "forwarder" language is a cPanel thing, but it may be Plesk
or some other control panel. GNU Mailman as we distribute it has no
such thing. See the FAQs at <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9> and
<http://wiki.list.org/x/tIA9> for more about cPanel and Plesk.

Also, you may find the general troubleshooting information at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9> to be helpful.