[Mailman-Users] Feature request

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 17 01:57:55 CET 2009

Michael Welch wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote at 05:27 PM 3/16/2009:
>
>>Michael Welch wrote:
>>>
>>>Ahh, a workaround. Change the default setting, add the member, then change it back.
>>>
>>>Unfortunately, one has to wait until after the new member has confirmed before changing the default moderation settng back.
>>
>>I don't get it. Why would you want to moderate new members you invite
>>and not moderate new members who subscribe themselves? If anything,
>>this seems just backwards.
>
>Fair enough question. One actual and one theoretical answer.
>
>The actual case that just occurred was that a known off-topic poster from another related list wants to join the list in question. The list in question has no public component, so subscription requests beyond personal invitation are rare.

So what you really want is in some (unusual) cases but not all (normal
cases) to be able to send an invitation that when accepted will result
in a moderated member.

As far as a direct add is concerned, the easiest is add the member and
then set her moderated from the membership list.

I don't know if adding a 'moderate' flag to invitations is really of
general interest.