[Mailman-Users] Changing the "<listname>-bounces" address

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Mar 21 22:23:40 CET 2009

on 3/20/09 12:30 PM, David Eisner said:

> So I've been asked to change this somehow.  Would it be possible to
> change the bounce address used for Sender: from
> "foo-bounces at domain.org" to "foo-noreply at domain.org" or something
> similar? I've looked through the configuration settings for the list
> but don't see where this would be changed.  Is it hard-coded?

Yes, it's hard-coded.

> P.S.  I think this would be less of an issue for the PHB if the
> Outlook GUI made the "Sender" header less prominent than the "From"
> header (as Thunderbird, and Google do, e.g.) in the message display.

FAQ 2.3 at <http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewinfo.action?pageId=4030534>
makes this point very clear.  We are doing things the correct way, the
problem is that Microsoft is screwing things up.  There's no way we can
force Microsoft to do things correctly, so unless you want to modify the
source code then this is just something that you have to live with.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out