[Mailman-Users] Send data to list

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Mar 21 22:26:02 CET 2009

on 3/20/09 2:30 PM, Mezőfi István said:

> I have a simple form. Include email and name inputs.
> I would like send data to mailman database when visitor send my form.
> What can I do?

The current version of Mailman does not have a proper database.  There
is some information about a user that is stored in binary format in a
Python "pickle" file, but that's not a proper database.  Mailman3 will
be able to properly interact with real databases on the back-end, but
even there you won't really have any hooks that you can use to put
additional information into the database.

If you have additional information you want to track, you need to keep
this in a system that is outside of Mailman, and develop your own
methods to keep those two systems in sync.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out