[Mailman-Users] Subscribe confirmation message not send

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 26 04:05:49 CET 2009

Hung Phan wrote:

>Python version is 2.5.

And did that change recently?

And did you read the FAQ that I referenced that says Mailman 2.1.9
doesn't work with Python 2.5 either (I don't recall exactly what the
issues are, but the deprecation warning on string exceptions is one of
them).

>Weird thing is that unsubscribe message send out but not the confirm
>message. The lists are set to confirm.

Is there anything in Mailman's error log besides the deprecation
warnings you posted earlier?

What's in Mailman's smtp and smtp-failure logs with timestamps near
those of the 'pending' messages from the subscribe log?