[Mailman-Users] Archives and International Character Sets (Mailman2.1.11)

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Mar 28 07:40:24 CET 2009

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > add_language('en', 'English (USA)', 'utf-8', 'ltr')

Shouldn't this probably be default by now?  I'm usually pretty
hesitant to mess with existing defaults, but as I understand this
there's actually corrupt data in the .txt files.  This can be a real
headache for people using cPanel or whatever, right?

 > One thing to be aware of though is that although the monthly .txt files
 > look like .mbox files, they don't contain complete message headers. In
 > particular, even though the character set may now be utf-8 or koi8-r,
 > there are no content-type or other headers in the file to so
 > indicate.

"Bad Pipermail!  Baad, baaad Pipermail!"  Or am I missing something?
Shouldn't the .txt files have a simple text/plain;charset=WHATEVER
MIME Content-Type?