[Mailman-Users] Mailman

b19141 at anl.gov b19141 at anl.gov
Sun May 3 22:29:16 CEST 2009

There has been some discussion (that I will not quote) about various
linux Mailman packages.  I built a 2.1.12 package for Ubuntu based on
the SourceForge source and the Debian/Ubuntu 2.1.9 package.  At that
time there were too many Debian patches that were undocumented.
Last week I decided to look at the Ubuntu 2.1.12 package for the
"jaunty" release, and I found fewer patches.  The patch log file
mentioned that all of the patches had been reviewed by Mark Sapiro,
so I assume that the remaining patches are needed to fix bugs.  I
assume that Mark has these remaining patches and will include them in
the next release of Mailman.  I have not yet finished reviewing the
patches, but the ones I have reviewed look to me like fixes for bugs.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov