[Mailman-Users] Error I couldnt find in archives

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon May 11 15:49:03 CEST 2009

J.A. Terranson wrote:

>	I just finished (well, I guess *almost finished*) a mailman build
>(2.1.12), and all seems well - except for a cron output which is being
>seen as a mailman moderation request.

Because the cron is run by 'mailman' so the output is mailed to
'mailman' which is delivered to the list. If you want it to go
elsewhere, put

MAILTO=user at example.com

or whatever address you want at the beginning of Mailman's crontab.

>The crucial message at the end of
>the traceback is:
>
>IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/home/mailman/lists/spam-l/config.pck'
>
>which makes no sense, as the list is in use with subscribers, and seems
>fine except for this.

Is the 'mailman' user in the 'mailman' group?

Are permissions on /usr/home/mailman/lists/spam-l drwxrwsr-x and group
mailman?

Are permissions on /usr/home/mailman/lists/spam-l/config.pck -rw-rw----
and group mailman?

Did you run bin/check_perms?