[Mailman-Users] Mailman-Users Digest, Vol 63, Issue 53

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat May 30 05:26:34 CEST 2009

Dave Filchak wrote:

>Yup ... just sent a test email to a test list we have set up and it
>seems to be working. It is so weird though ... there is really no way I
>can think of that these would change even after an unscheduled abrupt
>shutdown like we had. And the thing is, this server was up and running
>for two years before that and running mailman with no issues. It is like
>a ghost in the machine. Very crazy!!

That could explain this. It happens all the time. People make changes
to things which are only effective following a restart of some kind,
but they don't do the restart. Then along comes an unplanned outage
and reboot and all of a sudden things are broken because of changes
that were made and forgotten months before.

>I wan to thank you for hanging in there with me. I really do appreciate it.

You're welcome.