[Mailman-Users] Can't get off a list.

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon Nov 9 18:28:38 CET 2009

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009, Allison wrote:

> Years ago, I was subscribed to an email list.  Since then, the owner lost
> the domain, but each month I still get a user name and password reminder.
> I'd love to unsubscribe, but the domain is no longer registered, therefore
> email and links do not work.  I just want to stop getting the reminders from
> this dead list.

You'll need to get the person running the system where the list was set up
to remove you.  Better still, get them to delete the entire list.  Chances
are that you might not be the only one in this position.

If you don't know where the mail is coming from, the full headers of one
of these reminder messages can help.

Geoff.