[Mailman-Users] Hiding the To:

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 10 19:41:09 CET 2009

Allen Armstrong wrote:

>Is there a way to hide: to: field went sending to the list?   I want to hide
>my email address and my users email addresses.

That doesn't sound like hiding the To: header.

You can set General Options -> anonymous_list to Yes to hide the
sender's address.

The To: in delivered posts is normally the list posting address. If you
want to replace that, and if OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes
in mm_cfg.py, you can set Non-digest options] -> personalize to Full
Personalization, and each delivered post will be To: the recipient,
but this won't hide the list posting address as it will be added in a
Cc: header to facilitate replying to the list, or it will be in the
From: if the list is anonymous.