[Mailman-Users] How to reduce memory use?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 10 19:49:42 CET 2009

John Griessen wrote:

>Apache2 seems to be failing with the least grace -- just locking up sometimes,
>but adding mailman was what got me so close to my memory limits.
>
>Suggestions?
>
>I'm already reducing apache2 memory use by directions like:
>    StartServers          1
>     MinSpareServers       1
>     MaxSpareServers       2
>

>Is there anything like those directives in mailman?

No. And there's really nothing you can do in Mailman short of keeping
lists small to reduce the memory required to run Mailman's CGIs in
Apache.

There is an issue with Mailman's qrunners growing large because of
caching of list objects. If this is an issue, see the changes at
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.2/revision/1023>.