[Mailman-Users] Allowing non-subscribers to submit messages not working

Jerry Bell jerry at nrdx.com
Mon Nov 16 22:18:37 CET 2009

I have been using mailman for a mailing list where non-subscribers are
permitted to send messages, but those messages are moderated using
emergency moderation.  After a recent upgrade, this stopped working.
Now, I get a message:

        Reason: Non-members are not allowed to post messages to this list.

I am running 2.1.12.cp3.  I do not know what version I was running
previously.  There does not appear to be a setting to allow
non-subscribers to post.

Is there a way to re-enable non-subscribers to send messages to the list?

Thanks,

Jerry