[Mailman-Users] Feature request: Emergency Broadcast

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Sun Nov 22 22:04:00 CET 2009

On 11/22/09 2:53 PM, Bill Catambay at andale at excaliburworld.com wrote:

> When I used Autoshare listserver software, it ran on my home server
> (a Mac), and I never had to rely on anyone for support (handled
> everything myself).  Unfortunately, that software has not been
> updated in over 10 years and is no longer supported (there isn't even
> a version that runs on Mac OS X, only a classic version).  I noticed
> my ISP offered mailing lists (using Mailman), and I made the move
> this year to migrate all my lists.

Assuming you can still run servers at home with your ISP, you can run
Mailman on Max OS X. While Apple provides a modified version with OS X
Server, it is easy to install from source on OS X client and instructions to
do so can be found in the Archived.

I am currently running Mailman 2.1.12 on Leopard (on a PPC iMac not that
that will make any difference).

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com