[Mailman-Users] HTML messages not passed, content filtering settings ignored

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 27 16:23:45 CET 2009

Christian Stalberg wrote:

>   In looking at the output I may see the problem. I have been running
>   Mailman and upgraded versions and moved Mailman from one server to
>   another for years. Look at this output from my list wherein I see
>   values like 'False' where the legals values are supposed to be either
>   yes or no:
>
>   # When you scrub attachments, they are stored in archive area and links
>   # are made in the message so that the member can access via web
>   browser.
>   # If you want the attachments totally disappear, you can use content
>   # filter options.
>   #
>   # legal values are:
>   #    0 = "No"
>   #    1 = "Yes"
>   scrub_nondigest = False
>
>   could this be the problem where an upgrade was not done properly where
>   I have an old, out of date 'config' file whose values are unrecognized
>   or ?

This is not a problem. config_list says legal values are 0 and 1 for
False/True settings to accommodate older Pythons that didn't define
False and True, but False and True for these is actually fine.

Besides, if your issue were due to scrub_nondigest being True, you
could tell as the HTML wouldn't just disappear, it would be replaced
by a stanza saying "an HTML attachment has been scrubbed" with a link
to wher the HTML was stored.

Do the messages from the list contain a

header? If not, Mailman's content filtering hasn't changed them.

What is the exact MIME structure of an HTML message to the list and of
the message received from the list?