[Mailman-Users] OT: Yahoo Deferrals

Jeff Grossman jeffg at turners.com
Fri Oct 2 19:04:02 CEST 2009

On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 01:37:20 +0900, "Stephen J. Turnbull"
<stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> Jeff Grossman writes:
>  > I have a question regarding Yahoo deferrals.  I know this subject has
>  > been talked about a lot.  Everything I could find via Google was from
at
>  > least a year ago though.
>
> Nothing has changed.  At 10,000 addresses per post, you are definitely
> mass mailing, and you're going to be on their radar.  You can live
> with the deferrals, or you can jump through their hoops.  But you're
> at their mercy, and they are unlikely to allow any loopholes that they
> don't control explicitly.  Not for more than 24 hours, anyway. ;-)

Thank you for the information.  I am doing about as much as I can do I
think.  Mailman is doing a pretty good job of removing any bounces.  And, I
have added myself to their feedback loop so I know who puts my posts in
their spam/junk folders.  I am removing any user that I receive the
feedback loop for.  So, hopefully that will help.

Jeff