[Mailman-Users] fight spam !!

Kirke Johnson kjohnson at pcc.edu
Mon Oct 5 17:53:39 CEST 2009

We give list owners the option of blocking all email arriving from
the outside Internet. The majority, having only subscribers inside
the College, choose to do this. This is implemented by a custom rule
at our spam filtering provider, Proofpoint.

We have found this technique to be essentially 100% effective for
those lists. Subscribers who insist on forwarding their email to an
outside ISP can still post to lists using our internal email web
client via the Portal. Some don't like that, but they don't like spam either.