[Mailman-Users] Cannot send mail to mailing lists

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Tue Oct 6 16:30:30 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 07:40:25AM -0700, Krishnadas Kossery wrote:
> I have mailman version 2.1.9 running on a Centos 5.2 64 bit. (Python
> 2.4.3/Apache 2.2.3/Sendmail 8.13) I'm able to subscribe to newly
> created mailing lists/Get confirmation e-mails from Mailman on
> subscription.

> I'm unable to send e-mails to these lists (which I can
> confirm by being a member of these lists and not receiving any e-mails
> when mails are sent to the lists) The logs are clean.

Which logs? Mailman's, presumably.

Empty logs (on a new install) make me think to qrunner not running: is
it? (check, maybe with ps, start with bin/mailmanctl)

Is archiving for the lists switched on? Are messages being delivered
to the archives?

> I tried to send an email from the command line interface of the mailman
> server and I can see the mails being sent.

How do you see "the mails being sent"?

> Any suggestions on what to check next would be greatly helpful.

I'd check MTA config, MTA logs, then working out where (if) messages
destined to Mailman were (not) going.

--
``I speak better English than this villain Bush.''
  (Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf, attrib.)