[Mailman-Users] Virtual domain support

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 8 02:59:28 CEST 2009

Geoff Shang wrote:

>On Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>> There is still a problem in that there is a potential list name
>> conflict, so to resolve that, you need to make a patch (see attached
>
>ah...
>
>I will review your patch, and I used list-domain.tld instead of
>list.domain.tld, but I basically came to the same conclusion and just
>implemented same.  I got the idea from
>http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2008-September/063254.html
>
>This really needs to be documented somewhere.

Yes. I'll see about a FAQ. Maybe you could help when you get it all
worked through.

>does using a dash vs a dot as a separater make any difference re eventual
>upgrade path?  I'm still testing at this point but I'll be making a lot of
>lists soon, so now's the time to change anything.

I don't think so. I actually was going to use an underscore, but I went
with the dot because Ashley was using a dot.

Changing after the fact is not hard. You'd only need to change
Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py and run bin/genaliases for each domain.