[Mailman-Users] message bounce from good addresses

Rik Pierce RikP at pobox.com
Fri Oct 9 19:36:02 CEST 2009

Is this a place to ask for help with Mailman? If not, please point me in the
right direction

We have 3 mail lists. The big one is a Notify list in which people sign up
to get information about events. A smaller one is our members who we enroll
to send our newsletter and members info to. I include the members in with
the notify list by mass subscribing them. Mailman weeds out the duplicates
and we are left with one large Notify list that contain those who signed
themselves and members who we subscribed. Recently I discovered that some of
the members were not getting Notify messages. I checked the list and see
that the addresses are correct and the same on Notify as they are on the
Members list. However many bounce. I cannot determine which are good and
which are not. But if I go to view the list of email addresses on the Notify
list, I can click on each of them to get information about them. More than
half of them show this warning:

We have received some recent bounces from your address. Your current *bounce
score* is 1.0 out of a maximum of 5.0. Please double check that your
subscribed address is correct and that there are no problems with delivery
to this address. Your bounce score will be automatically reset if the
problems are corrected soon.

This appears with email addresses I know are good. Addresses on the Members
list that do work. I do not know what to do.

Help?

Rik Pierce