[Mailman-Users] regexp help

Savoy, Jim savoy at uleth.ca
Thu Oct 22 00:24:53 CEST 2009

>> To: "Name, Unique" <unique.name at uleth.ca>

>George Booth wrote:

>Jim, I don't know if this will help, but this is what I use for our
lists'
>spam filters to accept from our domain:

>^[^@]+@(.+\.|)unique\.name$

>Worth a shot?

OK, but the domain isn't "unique.name" - that is the username. The
domain is uleth.ca.
And when I think about it, the dot couldn't be messing up my regexp
because it
just means "a single character" so unique.name and unique\.name would
each
accept unique.name.

But I did find something in google (no date on it) from Mark Sapiro that
could
be at the root of my problem.

----------------
Mark wrote:

You can't bypass holds for bounce_matching_headers.
You can't bypass membership and moderation checks.
You can't bypass other holds such as message too big, etc.

This is because the Accept action on a header_filter_rules rule only
means pass the header_filter_rules tests. It doesn't mean
unconditionally accept the message.

So assuming that what you want is to bypass the other
header_filter_rules, you need to "add new item" before the current
rule 1 so the new rule becomes #1. Then the new rule 1 regexp should be

  ^from:.*(\s|<)some\.person\.name at gmail\.com(\s|>|$)

and the action Accept.

So perhaps the problem is that I cannot over-ride the membership and
moderation checks, which state that only list members may post to this
particular list. That is my problem. I need to over-ride them.

 - jim -