[Mailman-Users] Changing the port number used to when you need toapprove messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 22 04:16:57 CEST 2009

Glenn Magle wrote:

>Can you tell me where to look to change the port # of the web link to
>approve messages. We have some lists using port 8080 and they will not
>work, all ports without this are fine.

When the lists were created, you had something like

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s:8080/mailman/'

(the right way to specify a port), or

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'example.com:8080'

(the wrong way to specify a port) in mm_cfg.py. Assumong mm_cfg.py is
now correct and doesn't specify ports, run

 bin/withlist -l -r fix_url <listname>

for each affected <listname>, or

 bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url

to do all lists. If the values for DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN,
DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST are correct, it won't hurt to
run fix_url on 'good' lists as it won't change anything.