[Mailman-Users] Is there a way to allow messages from non-members to go to a list without any moderation?

Deb Seidman deb at reachfoundation.org
Sat Oct 24 01:54:10 CEST 2009

Hostgator uses mailman to provide mailing list features. So I used it to set
up several lists and started playing with them. The problem is that I really
am looking for the lists to work as a multiple destination alias (which
hostgator doesn¹t appear to support) rather than a real list.

I just want a simple way to have certain email address automatically route
to several other emails at the same time. What I got instead is a situation
where I will send out an email to the list only to get back a notification
of the need to approve this email I just sent out. I have looked through a
ton of documentation and so far haven¹t figured out how to turn this off.

So I have two situations. 1) I want a closed list that needs to be moderated
if a non-member posts to it ­ I think I have figured out how to do this one)
and 2) I want an open list where anyone can send to it just as if its a
regular email - and I would control and approve any addition or deletions
from that list (I haven¹t figured out how to do this yet).

If anyone can point me to an old posting about accomplishing the
automatically email routing of non-member email to a list without moderator
intervention, please email me.

Thanks

Deb