[Mailman-Users] Microsoft Outlook and footer/signature"attachments"

Christopher C. Wright chriswr at iodalliance.com
Fri Sep 11 18:02:11 CEST 2009

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> If I understand correctly the requirement 'ordained', Mailman is
> already doing exactly that. The only way to keep the HTML part
> 'intact' while adding the footer is to add the footer as a separate
> MIME part which is what Mailman does.
>
> If this then results in a message which doesn't display as desired in a
> particular MUA, the recourse is to the MUA because Mailman has no
> other option.
>
> Of course, you could always add the unsubscribe info as msg_header
> instead of msg_footer. Then Outlook would display it inline because
> Outlook would take it as the message body. The downside is that the
> message itself would now be the 'attachment'.

I actually tried putting it as a header, with the expected results.  I
know it's an issue purely with Outlook (no other MUA in the office has
had such a reaction with messages sent through Mailman).  I may just
have to write a pre- or post-process filter that adds the footer into
the message manually.  Thanks for the help.

-- Christopher