[Mailman-Users] Site password not functioning

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 1 18:23:28 CEST 2010

Rob wrote:

>While dealing with a flood of returned mails generated by the monthly password reminders sent out today, I noticed that my site admin password no longer functions correctly. Mailman accepts the password, and I can make changes to records, but if I attempt, for instance, to view a user record and choose the 'List my other subscriptions' button, I get the "The list administrator may not view the other subscriptions for this user." error.
>
>I know this worked previously, but I don't know what changed.
>
>So far I have changed the site password using mmsitepass, run check_perms -f until there are no permissions errors, and restarted mailman, none of which changed the behavior.
>
>This is Mailman 2.1.13 running on Mac OS X server 10.5.8

If you just upgraded Mailman, this was changed in 2.1.7.

If that is not the explaination, it is probably that you don't have

ALLOW_SITE_ADMIN_COOKIES = Yes

in mm_cfg.py. Be sure and read the documentation in Defaults.py before
changing this.

Also, if you have upgraded, see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/aICB>.

And finally, the bounced reminder should list all the user's
subscriptions.