[Mailman-Users] hide admin email from listinfo page

Elaine Ashton elaine.ashton at oracle.com
Tue Apr 6 17:38:51 CEST 2010

On Apr 6, 2010, at 5:41 AM, Ton Oosterhoff wrote:

> On a mailing lists public listinfo page I read three lines in the footer:
>
> <listname> list run by <email>
> <listname> administrative interface (requires authorization)
> Overview of all <domainname> mailing lists
>
> My question is about the email address. is there any way to prevent this
> admin email address from showing up on this page? The email is sent to
> <listname>-owner, but the actual text shows the real admin's email address.

I've done this as our listinfo pages were getting mined for the owner addresses and then, working on the supposition that the owner is also a subscribed address, spammers would spoof email to the lists using those addresses with some measure of success.

If you patch HTMLFormatter.py with:

 class HTMLFormatter:
     def GetMailmanFooter(self):
-        ownertext = COMMASPACE.join([Utils.ObscureEmail(a, 1)
-                                     for a in self.owner])
+       ownertext = Utils.ObscureEmail(self.GetOwnerEmail())