[Mailman-Users] Moving lists

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Sun Apr 11 14:58:13 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm aware of the FAQ entry on this topic..  Hopefully what I'm about to
ask isn't really covered there, I don't think it is.

I have someone moving their lists off our server which runs regular
Mailman to a server running Mailman under CPanel.  Since it's a Mailman
variant, I'm a bit reluctant to just copy stuff en mass over there, not
that I'd be installing it anyway.  On the other hand, the list has 679
members, 37 of whom are on digest and 46 of whom have delivery disabled
(10 by bounce).  Also, the configuration is a bit complicated.

So I'm not exactly sure how or if I can do anything to aid migration of
the list, particularly since there's no way from the web to subscribe a
batch of people to digest or to nomail.

Any thoughts?  This needs to happen in a few days and I need to start
telling peple how I'm going to manage this.

Geoff.