[Mailman-Users] Subscribing from Web site

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 14 16:06:10 CEST 2010

Lee Underwood wrote:

>I have used the subscription form shown at http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030596 but I don't want to have our visitors go to the "subscription results" page at our mailing list provider (which is different from our Web host provider). Is it possible to either change a Mailman setting so that the "results" page is on our Web site; OR how would I go about having the "subscription results" page appear in a popup so the visitors will stay on our site?
>
>I'm thinking that maybe I could use the format of our Web site for the results page. That way people could use the navigation back to our site and would not really notice the difference, except for the domain name.

You can edit the results page by going to the list admin "Edit the
public HTML pages and text files" link. The only restriction is you
can't add any javascript or other script type actions.

Since you are using a hosted Mailman, you can't really make other
Mailman changes that would affect this. What you can do is make your
subscribe form post to a PHP script that would do the subscribe and
receive the result andf format that for the user. See the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/uIA9>.