[Mailman-Users] The Dreaded Group Mismatch Error

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Mon Apr 26 18:58:22 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 11:47 -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> I do know that for my server distribution (gentoo Linux)
> it's essential that the environment setting which controls the
> --with-mail-gid configuration setting match the mail group which the MTA
> runs as.

I should maybe point out that gentoo Linux is a source-based
distribution so that nearly every package installation is built from
source before it's installed.  Various build parameters can be
controlled by setting environment variables at build time in gentoo, but
in the absence of a complete configure/make/make install build cycle (as
in installing a pre-compiled package), setting environment variables is
generally only effective at run-time.

--
Lindsay Haisley       |"Fighting against human creativity is like trying
FMP Computer Services |    to eradicate dandelions"